Tell 'em to Stop Stonewalling

In this update: 1. Take Action: Urge GAB to obey open records law 2. Talking money and recall elections 3. Tiny elite delivers a hefty sum Tell ’em to Stop Stonewalling

Email date: 11/29/11

In this update:
1. Take Action: Urge GAB to obey open records law
2. Talking money and recall elections
3. Tiny elite delivers a hefty sum

______________________________________________________________

Take Action: Urge GAB to obey open records law
It’s now been seven weeks since the Democracy Campaign filed an open records request with the state Government Accountability Board seeking evidence of any enforcement action relating to the law requiring disclosure of the occupation and employer of campaign donors who give more than $100. The GAB still has not responded to the request.

Wisconsin’s open records law requires agencies to respond to requests “as soon as practicable and without delay.”

Please join us in our effort to hold the Government Accountability Board accountable to the law. Take a few minutes to contact the GAB and urge the agency to stop stonewalling and start obeying the open records law by responding to the Democracy Campaign’s request for documentation of enforcement of the disclosure law that reveals the financial interests of campaign donors.

______________________________________________________________

Talking money and recall elections
The Democracy Campaign’s director was on Wisconsin Public Radio’s Joy Cardin Show yesterday discussing recall elections, unlimited campaign fundraising and expected off-the-charts election spending, among other topics. If you missed the program, you can listen now.

______________________________________________________________

Tiny elite delivers a hefty sum
Our friends at OpenSecrets.org showed recently that in the 2010 election, two-thirds of campaign contributions came from only 0.26% of Americans. Leaving the other 99.74% without proper representation, while the big givers get big rewards.