June 22, 2018
1. Are you for banning gerrymandering in Wisconsin? In other words, do you back the Iowa model of independent, nonpartisan, and transparent map drawing by career civil servants – not the party in power?
2. Are you in favor of rewriting our campaign finance law to ban corporations, unions, and other groups from giving directly to political parties and legislative campaign committees?
3. Are you in favor of requiring those bogus “issue-advocacy” groups to disclose who is giving them money so that we can find out who is paying for all the mud they’re throwing at our screens in an election season?
4. Are you in favor of banning coordination between candidates and these bogus “issue-advocacy” groups?
5. Are you in favor of imposing a low ceiling on how much an individual can give to political parties? Right now in Wisconsin, the sky is the limit.
6. Are you in favor of imposing a low ceiling on how much an individual can give to a particular candidate? Right now, if you’re super rich, you may give $20,000 to each candidate for every statewide office: governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, secretary of state, and state supreme court justice.
7. Are you in favor of requiring donors to candidates to disclose the names of their employers, as campaigns were required to report for decades prior to the 2015 campaign finance law overhaul?
8. Are you in favor of public financing of elections?
9. Are you in favor of tight recusal rules for judges and justices when one of the parties to a case also happens to be, or represents, one of their big donors?
10. Are you in favor of amending the U.S. Constitution to proclaim, once and for all, that corporations aren’t persons and money isn’t speech?